Superfood chocolate brand Doisy and Dam joins the Global B-Corp Movement
Doisy & Dam has become the 128th company in the UK to obtain its B Corporation certification. Originating in the US and now effective in 50 countries, B Corps are changing the way business operates across the globe, uniting companies with a shared ethos of using business as a force for good.
To achieve the sought-after certification, companies have to prove they meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. In doing so, Doisy & Dam has joined likeminded, forward-thinking companies, such as Ben & Jerry’s, Etsy, Escape the City, Cook and Ella’s Kitchen, in signing up to a declaration of interdependence with the following defining purpose:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
Specifically, Doisy & Dam has committed to:
- Buying cocoa directly from source by 2018
- Owning their own plantation in Colombia by 2020
- Reducing their carbon footprint
- Making their packaging more sustainable
- Engendering an environment in which Doisy & Dam is synonymous with fulfilling work, a transparent and open culture and a shared stewardship of their impact goals.
- Ensuring that the experience of their employees is positive, impactful and fulfilling.
Richard Wilkinson, Co-Founder, Doisy & Dam, says, “The B Corp certification has given us an opportunity to hold ourselves accountable to social and environmental standards in an open, honest and transparent way. We hope implementing this, whilst we’re still small, will enable us to evolve into a company which holds profit equal to its positive impact on the world. We believe there is a huge opportunity for us to do so much more and to build our business in such a way that we have a positive impact on the world.”
Kate Sandle, Community Manager for UK B Corps, adds, "We are delighted that Doisy and Dam have certified as a B Corp and joined a global movement of companies using business as a force for good. By embedding their values into the heart of their business they are publicly demonstrating their commitment to have a positive impact on the world."